Car Insurance Confusion
When you need repair for your car, your insurance policy can seem extremely confusing if you don’t know exactly what you’re covered for. While that’s happening, you also feel pressure from your insurance company to go to a body shop of their choosing, but you rather go elsewhere. The biggest reason why your insurance company wants you to go to their choice in a body shop is because of a contract they have with that shop. And sure, they might be promising you a faster repair. But are faster repairs really better if your safety is at risk? Let alone, the quality of the repair is nowhere near what you’d get from taking it to an independently owned body shop?
You Have The Right To Choose
No matter what your insurance company may tell you, the right to choose a body shop will always remain in your hands. They might even try to tell you that a certain auto body shop is “out of network,” but this is more applicable to health insurance rather than collision repair. You’re already in a very stressful situation, which makes you wonder if your insurance company is really on your side after all? Are there other things they aren’t telling you?
Here at Autotech Collision Service, there’s not a day that goes by when we don’t have drivers asking us all sorts of questions about their insurance policy. They turn to us when they feel their insurance company seems to be not providing them with the clarity they need. Car repair is extremely complex nowadays, which is why you want to trust who and from where you get your car repaired.
Let’s take a moment to look at your policy: After deciding on a plan, things seem to get even more confusing once you get the bill. What also goes into the rates for your premium? Is there a way you can lower your rates without reducing your coverage? Are there certain things affecting the pricing that you are unaware of? The answer to that question is yes, and we’re here to explain five of those unknown things that car insurance companies don’t want you to know.
- Where you live impacts your premium: Each state has a different car insurance premium. Thankfully, New Jersey is not on the list of the 10 states with the highest insurance premiums, though we are not on the least expensive list either. States with the most inexpensive average car insurance premiums include Ohio, Virginia, Vermont, and more.
- What kind of car you drive matters: Many people don’t know that whatever car you drive will be a big factor in how much you’ll pay for your premium. Your car’s total value and even the safety rating all contribute to the cost. Do you have any special features on your vehicle? That will also go towards the cost of your policy.
- Age affects your insurance premium: This one isn’t much of a secret, but some drivers may not know that your age does affect your premium. The youngest (typically 18 years old) and oldest (75+) drivers will pay the most on average. What you may not realize is your marital status, job, education level, and even gender affect your insurance rates.
- Car insurance covers the car, not the driver: It’s completely normal to be anxious if someone other than yourself drives your car. When it comes to car insurance, the policy covers the car and not the driver. If you let a friend or family member drive your car and they get in an accident, your insurance might kick in. However, this doesn’t apply for all car insurance companies, so its best to check with your policy before you let someone borrow your car.
- There are ways you can lower your rates: Your insurance company won’t tell you about the ways you can reduce your rates because, of course, they’re only focused on the money. Check out some of these unknown ways you would be able to reduce the amount you’re paying on your premium:
- Ask about available discounts,
- Always pay bills on time.
- Review your credit report.
- Drive carefully.
- Carefully choose whatever car you drive.
Why Choose Us
You deserve to know what you’re entitled to with your insurance policy. We at Autotech Collision Service are here to tell New Jersey drivers some of the unknown things insurance companies don’t want you to know because you deserve to know what they are. Car repair is already extremely stressful, so why add any more stress when simply taking your car to a shop that knows what they’re doing can make all the difference?
We are here to help any with questions you may have regarding your policy because that’s the type of service you deserve from an auto repair shop. We have been proudly serving Southern New Jersey for nearly 30 years and aren’t stopping anytime soon because our customers are our number one priority.